One of the most common questions we get is “How do I increase the number of individuals who like my facebook page?” We have a number of tips for raising the number of likes on your page whether you just launched it or you’re a seasoned veteran. Here you go!
- Encourage all employees, family members and friends to like your facebook page. This can be done by inviting them through the admin section of your page or by sending an email with a link to your page. Even employees who are not on facebook can ask friends/family to like facebook pages via email.
- Include facebook icons which link to your page on every employee’s email signature.
- Have a “like us on facebook” icon on your website.
- Encourage employees on facebook to share a link to the page on their personal timeline or on specific individuals’ timelines asking others to like the page. Of course, they must be facebook friends in order to do this.
- Include a facebook icon on all business cards, print brochures, letters to customers, invoices, etc.
- Display “Like our facebook page” signs anywhere you have customer traffic. Include instructions for liking the page from mobile phones. (Text – like facebookpagename to the number 32665 on a mobile phone. e.g. Text like thepricegroupinc to 32665)
- In discussions with area businesses, at networking events and with community organizations, encourage people to like your page. Individuals can like the page from their personal profile, but businesses can like the page as well.
- At your external meetings, presentations, seminars, and community events, post signs with instructions for liking your page. If possible, have a PC onsite. Include signage with instructions for liking the page from a mobile phone. If someone likes the page in person, consider automatically entering her in a raffle.
- In discussions with prospective customers/clients encourage them to like the page to be kept up-to-date on your company’s products and services as well as industry trends.
- From your personal profile and/or your facebook page, like other community organizations, business partners, and other businesses in the community. Once you like the page, actively engage with these companies by commenting on, liking, and sharing their posts.
- Consider holding contests, games, polls and other activities on your page through facebook approved apps. While there may be a cost associated with using the app, the increase in likes and the engagement generated often make it money well spent.
If you need help creating a new facebook page or improving the engagement and/or likes on your current page, you may want to consider outsourcing to a company with expertise in online marketing and social media. We would be happy to help! You can contact us at The Price Group, Inc. We can be reached at 630.717.8332 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our next post will talk about increasing engagement on your facebook page. Stay tuned!